Trained. Licensed. Employed.
Security Guard Training
Online and Onsite Training
Complete your training portion of the licensing process with Flex Point Security’s blended security guard training course. Trainees will complete 3.5 hours of in-person training at our facility after completing the online theory portion at their own pace (ministry requirement: 40 hours). Course outline of the online portion:
- Introduction to the Security Industry
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Code of Conduct
- Basic Security Procedures
- Report Writing
- Health and Safety
- Emergency Response Preparation
- Canadian Legal System
- Legal Authorities
- Effective Communications
- Sensitivity Training
- Use of Force Theory
- Emergency Level First Aid Certification with CPR level C and AED
Registrants can choose one of our training streams:
- Security Guard Course (All Online) – $120.00
- For trainees that already completed Emergency First Aid training
- Security Guard Course + Emergency First Aid – $195.00
- Mandatory to obtain your license
- Valid for 3 years
For all of our trainees, we offer licensing exam preparation support in case of any questions or concerns with respect to training content or the licensing process – using your TCN (Training Completion Number) to sign up for the exam at ontariosecuritytesting.com. Our instructors and coordinators are more than happy to help ensure you’re confident going into the exam.
In addition, our training staff is available for support post-licensing exam when trainees must complete the application for their security license.
Become a Member of the Flex Point Security Team
An added benefit with us is that all trainees that complete our security guard training and successfully complete the licensing exam will be considered first for any open roles.
We recommend for any registrants with interest in potentially joining Flex Point Security to contact us at [email protected] to learn about current openings and/or to provide your areas of interest for potential future opportunities.
Upgrade Your Skillset
Let us help you move forward in your career within the security industry with career progression training. Whether you’re looking to grow within your role or move into another sector in security, our team will create a tailored plan with you to help you achieve your goals.
Collectively, we will create a plan that includes, but is not limited to, job shadowing, mentorship, course content, and more. Some of the goals our program can help you achieve:
- Promotion to Tier 2 security guard
- Promotion to Tier 3 security guard
- Becoming a Team Manager
- Becoming a Security Site Supervisor
- Expanding skillset beyond current role
- Ex. Tier 2 security guard learning CCTV installation + digital surveillance technician requirements
- Fire alarm technician training
If you’re interested in upgrading your skillset with Flex Point Security, please contact us at [email protected] to speak with one of our experts.